You know when something goes viral and your like huh? How did that thing go viral? And then it's like, I want one of my posts to go viral, then I'll be like super famous or rich or both! Recently I saw (I got onto this late) a YouTube clip where a kid has a collection of him saying, "Damn Daniel." Depending on what link you go to it has over 40 million views an Ellen appearance and then there is the myriad of spin off's. What is with social media and why do I need to be on it? Well short answer is you don't. Longer answer is, if you want to cut yourself off to a massive, highly engaged market then you may want to get involved in this little social media caper. Brand managers love it and hate it, look up some of your favourite brands on Facebook in the service sector and it's an absolute crucifixion of the brand as keyboard warriors take to their standard venting position as to why "X brand" has done them wrong and the whole world should join them in their general loathing... But on the other hand, done well it can be the source of a new connected and integrated and involved community promoting your brand.
Let's get on this type of social media engagement, so first choose your weapon;
- What is your poison? FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, Pinterest, YouTube... and then some.
- Start with your favourite, the one you are already on, the one you feel comfortable with and understand.
- What does your market align too?
- If your product is visual, Pinterest and Instagram are good options.
- Will a video make your product more understandable, then use YouTube.
- Business focussed, then I recommend Linked In.
- Will it benefit from a close-knit community?
- Use FaceBook and choose a closed group, where people need to ask to get involved.
- Does it require membership? Online membership website is your best bet.
- Is it text based with links?
- Twitter serves a purpose here to push out your blog or information based pieces
- Content is king - Bill Gates
- High quality blog based information adds credibility to your product.
- Google will rank you higher in searches, which means more hits and more clients.
- People want to buy from the experts, what is your field of expertise?
- Brand management
- If you need help or don't know where to start - outsource it.
- You focus on what you are best at and let someone else do what they are best at.
Watch the YouTube video on how to build your FaceBook brand.
List of tools;
Where to take your business
Sales scripts e-book
How to sell
Need help get the e-book or book a consult